Sunday, December 16, 2012

Cleo

While this is Carrie Ella's blog, I do need to take a minute and post about my boy Cleo.  For more than 13 years he's been with me, and I'm so sad to have lost him this weekend.  Before there was Sean, Duchess or even Carrie Ella, it was just me and Cleo.  And that's how we spent our last night together, just the two of us in the guest bed downstairs. 
 
He certainly did come a long way.  Born on a farm in upstate NY, to hard core living in the Bronx and Hell's Kitchen, then 2400 miles across the country to Seattle. 
 
When I first got him I thought he was a she and named "her" Chloe and bought a pink collar :-)  And when I found out he was a boy I called him Cleo.  Also a girls name.  I guess I was confused...


 
 
 
Cleo and my girl, Bailey.
Very lucky for myself, Cleo & Duchess, Sean accepted the package deal and became their person just as much as I was. 
My boys.


Keeping cool in our Hell's Kitchen apt.   That 5th floor closet apartment got HOT in the summer.
 
Such a beautiful boy.
Awaiting CE's arrival
 
Not so sure....

 
She's not so bad after all


 
 
He HATED having his belly touched but it was so hard to resist when you found him like this.
 
He always loved getting in boxes, baskets, you name it, he'd try to get in it.
 
Towards the end he was tired and didn't move much, which made him an easy target for CE.  I'd like to think he didn't mind all that much and enjoyed the attention.
Kisses for Cleo.
Saying goodbye.
 
 
 The house feels uneven and a little less full.  We're going to miss him. But that's life for you. I'm glad for the memories and the good fortune of being his person and sharing his life.


 
We're going to miss you buddy.  Rest in peace.

1 comment: