Saturday, February 1, 2014

Catch up post...CALIFORNIA

I've been procrastinating...between vacation and the holidays, it felt like it took a really long time for life to settle back down to normal.  And then when it did I felt overwhelmed by the idea of doing a catch up post.  But, at last, here I am...hey its only February 1st!

We had such a fun trip to Cali in December.  It was so nice to see the Grossman's and Maloney's so close to the holidays.  I wish it happened more often.

Sean and I are so incredibly thankful that we had a chance to sneak away to Mexico for a few days on our own.  I was in tears as the plane left LAX, but it didn't take long to relax into the Mayan Holidaze groove.  I knew Carrie Ella would do just fine - but I was also worried how the Grossman's would do - they've got their hands full with three - to think they agreed to add a toddler to the mix is just mind blowing.  But they did - and it was so nice to spend the time just the two of us, away from the house, work, every day stuff...
 
 

As excited as we were  to have that time together, I think Sean and I were both even more excited for the Grossman/Maloney's and Carrie Ella to have a chance to spend some quality time together.  She is shy and a bit attached to us in new environments - this was the opportunity for everyone to really get to know her, and she them.  And it sounds like they did! We didn't take a ton of pictures on the trip, but here's some....

Traveling is a different animal these days.  She has her own seat and she loves her headphones and mini iPad.



Arrived and the kiddos settled right in with each other, having fun and fighting! 

 

 
 
 
Uncle Dan trimming the tree....
 He done good!
Yummy bird for pre-Christmas Christmas dinner.
Snow in Topanga.


Trying out the Grossman's potty.
 
At the train museum.





Carrie Ella was pretty anxious about riding but big cousin Matthew took good care of her.  Giving me a toothache...

Can't wait to get back to California again sometime this year.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment