Monday, October 19, 2015

A package

Recently I received a package and card in the mail from my cousin Sarah (2nd cousin, I believe)  who I haven't seen or talked to in years, probably not since we were kids at the farm for Thanksgiving.  In the box was a hand knit pink sweater and in the note she wrote about how the sweater was special and that it was her favorite when she was little.  The reason, it was hand knit by my Aunt Carrie. We were both small when Carrie died, but I think one thing we both knew was that she was a very special person to so many people and therefor she was quite special.  Sarah has her own little girl, Clara,  who wore the sweater and has since outgrown it.  Sarah said that instead of putting it in a box in storage (with the hopes of having a grand daughter to wear it one day) she thought she'd send it to me so that my girls could wear it.  It was all so very sweet and I was in tears as I finished the note.




No comments:

Post a Comment